The dear sweet wait

Well the blog is up and running!  I expected that maybe it would end up being a personal online journal, since I really didn't think I had the guts to put it out there, but alas!  The writing has begun... 
I did some baking tonight, but apparently of the three computerish things we have, none of them are in the position to download pictures this evening.  If they were, I would be posting a picture not of my finished swedish cinnamon roll, even though I must admit I am pretty proud of it, but I would post a picture I took of it in the oven (picture to follow - I promise).  I love the sweet reward of an afternoon of baking, but there is just something fantastic about waiting for it to bake.  When I see the edge of the rolls just starting to get that tint of golden brown and the house filling with a cinnamon, sugary, almond aroma, I just feel so right and safe and know that something absolutely delicious awaits me.  When Aaron and I were dating, I was quite the nerd and wrote constantly about how much I missed him and loved him and couldn't wait to be in the same town as him, and most of my writing was a bunch of school girl gibberish, but there was one line I wrote that seems to translate to today.  It is still a bit cheesy, but as long as I'm here, and you're here, why not share?  I wrote "Forever is so long to wait, but so short to spend".   Now that we are finally spending our life together, it is speeding by at a ridiculous pace.  Our little man is almost a year already, and I still remember the talk we had on a walk, when we decided we were ready to start a family, like it was yesterday.  All that time goes into the wait - the preparation, and then we are in the thick of it, and realize life is happening and time just keeps ticking, without our permission or acknowledgement.  And as silly as it sounds, I feel it's a bit like my swedish roll - so much time preparing it, but it can be devoured in a minute.  I guess the point I am trying to make, rather inefficiently, is that we need to seize it all - the waiting, the baking, the living, the doing, the savoring. 

In other news: another failed attempt at winning the $1,000 Taco Bell opinion survey contest.  Long lost Robbie came over for dinner (We've miss you my friend!) and we were introduced to the wonderful world of Korean pop music (oh ma-boy).  Hayes likes broccoli.  Oh, and best moment at a stoplight ever: Cop almost hits a bicyclist, and country music fan of the year, wearing his cowboy hat, in his truck, at least half deep into a bottle of something, looks at the cop, then at us and says "Well heeeelllll!  Citizens arrest I tell ya!  Done with work for the day, hit the bar running" The last part we are pretty sure was part of a song he was singing to on his radio - I apologize if I am remembering the lyrics incorrectly. 

Comments

I LOVE this Callie. I just want the things in my life to speed up.

I'm just warning you. I will have a hard time not leaving a comment on every post. Yes, every :)

Popular Posts