Original

Well, so.  Ha.  Ok.  This is how I stumble into writing a summary of my first ever women’s conference (Original Conference) through City First Church.  My brain and body and soul are darting at such a speed and yet simultaneously, sluggishly stuck in all of it that I am finding it impossible to summarize the mechanics and semantics of these thoughts, and yet… I want you to hear them.  I suppose the parts that resonate with me most are that you will be seeing a new boldness, my friends.  For the two of you that read my blog, you will have more to read in the coming months and I fully expect the two of you to hold me to that.  Here’s why.  Charlotte Gambill challenged my soul.  No.  God did.  Through her.  Here’s how.  She demonstrated with a lightbulb and a lamp stand that we all have potential (light bulb) but we need to get that potential to purpose (lamp stand) in order to shine.  Friends, it has been my purpose to use my words to encourage since I started writing stories about the bunny family when I was three.  (Not exactly sure how the bunny family may stir the soul, but let’s not limit God here, shall we?)  Guess what else?  I wrote a book.  Not over the weekend, weirdos.  It’s been about a year and a half in the making.  I wrote a book about my disease, my depression, and everything in between and it was written for you.  So I’m going to ask for prayers that I send queries to the right agents, that I stay steadfast when I feel like giving up, and that my words will reach those who need to hear it.  In the mean time, I want to give you all, through this blog, the encouragement that you need, and that I was created to give.  Especially to my brothers and sisters who are experiencing chronic pain, or depression, or anxiety.  I want you to know that you are not alone.  And here’s the great part - you don’t have to be a Christian for God to encourage you.  I love you my atheist friends.  I love you so, so much.  So before you start thinking that I went to this Christian conference and got all weird (well come on - we all knew I was weird before), I want you to know that God has always moved my soul, but my words are not for the religious.  If you are religious, you should probably stop reading anything I have to say.  What I have to share, in my book, and hopefully in this blog, is hope.  Hope is something we all need - no matter the nationality, the religion, or the creed.  I want to give it to you, when I can.  And now I am going to go over and sink into the couch, as I sip on stale coffee, and lose myself in a historical narrative on the life of outlaws (Yes - I am indeed the nerd who relaxes while reading about history.)  Have a great weekend everyone, and for my two faithful readers…thanks for listening.  I feel better.  Don’t you?

Comments

Desi said…
Praying for your success with this endeavor!! Your words are so powerful and important. I'm so excited for you!!! I'm staying tuned in! :)
Callaminator said…
Thank-you so much!!! It's terrifying! Lol

Popular Posts