Reindeer Gone Wild

Source: amazon.com via Veronica on Pinterest

Source: imdb.com via Kelly on Pinterest

I have not seen the movie for myself, but upon scrolling through my friends updates, I saw a comment about a movie called "The Flight Before Christmas".  It involves a story about Nico, a reindeer who was fathered by Prancer on a one-night stand.  I guess I am sort of disappointed in Prancer.  All along I thought he was this reputable leader, and it turns out he is just going around knocking up any pretty young thing in hooves.  This is the type of behavior one would expect from Rudolph (due to his insecurities of course), or Vixen (she never had a chance with that name), and possibly even some of those scantilly clad elves, but never Prancer!  We expected more from you buddy.  So much more.  Which brings up the whole issue of animal abstinence.  Some would argue that abstaining from intercourse would eliminate species, and I say, why deny these creatures the very thing that comes so naturally to them all?  Instead, we need to teach them how to do it safely.  Perhaps if Prancer had had proper education and was not brought up by parents who had unrealistic expectations, he would have never found himself in this mess.
Ok - I am so sorry for all of that.  Once I started, I just couldn't stop.  I don't mean to mock any concern over this move.  Truly, I would have been disturbed and upset if I had watched it.  Especially, if I had watched it with my children.  Also, I am wondering how an idea like this, first of all is born, and secondly is approved.  I can't imagine a writer going to his boss pitching a plot about an illegitimate reindeer. If we're all out of Christmas movie ideas, maybe we should just stop instead of taking it to this level.  Just saying.

Comments

Desi said…
Well said!! Thanks for the laugh! :)

Popular Posts