The Clanking of Crystal...



Well, here we are again.  One year dies, and another is born.  I usually have a difficult time coming up with resolutions, but this year my resolve seems pretty obvious.  Just this morning I found myself chasing a million ideas again - about the bakery, about writing, about a new house, and I got into a bit of a self loathing funk when I realized that none of them have come to fruition and likely won't, at least for a while.  And then it struck me: I am so full of these idealistic dreams, that I never buckle down and finish what I start.  Case in point:
1 - Geneology research
2 - Blanket for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's wedding 6 and a half years ago (it is pretty cozy to work on though)
3 - Hayes' first year scrapbook (it was going to be a Christmas gift)
4 - New Years Cake (I will do it tomorrow - I swear)
5 - Book incorporating ancestors' stories (first page was completed a year ago)
6 - Scarf I started for Aaron for Christmas 3 years ago

Right - so I get lots of great ideas, and then never follow through.  And then I get all discontent that I don't have everything I want right at this moment.  So here is the resolution: Be content with what I have, who I have, and where I have it, right now...this moment.  No looking forward, no looking back, just now.  AND complete unfinished projects (see above list for inspiration).  There you have it folks - I'm spanking the new year with that resolution right from the start.  Take that 2012!

Post Title Inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv4KaSxElmk  

Comments

Happy New Year Callie! May it be filled with everything #1-6 and everything wonderful in between.
Callaminator said…
Happy New Year Christina! The same to you!!

Popular Posts