Neglected Joe's Lament


Dear Lady,
Sure you're thinking about me now, as you write about our foiled relationship, but I won't forget how you've treated me as of late, since that little spiller was born.  You used to wake up, gingerly measure my grounds, water, soul, and wait eagerly for my presence.  Now I'm lucky if you even consider the thought of me before 8:00.  Just when I think you are desperate for me: you pick out the mug, add just the right accessories, and then...you disappear, leaving me cold and alone, sometimes for hours.  The screamer always interrupts our moments of bliss.  Your lips so soft and supple, finally enjoying my warmth, and suddenly, you toss me aside to stop that little devil from certain disaster.  I say, just let him do it.  Then he'll learn that he just can't mess with a lady and her cup of Joe.  Until the day we can be alone again, I suppose I will allow the despicable treatment - leaving me half full and then the countless trips to the microwave, only to be left forgotten...again.  I will allow it all, because I remember the good times we used to have.  You and I have been through everything together - graduate school, wedding planning, depression, anxiety, far off vacations, late nights, early mornings, lazy afternoons, death, birth, and everything in between.  So how can I leave you now?  After all of that?  I guess I just wait, until you realize how much you miss me. 

A forgotten love,
Joe


Comments

Popular Posts