Put a Pennie in the Old Man's Hat

Source: flickr.com via Paula on Pinterest

Not really sure why I chose that title.  It is a line from a Christmas song that my husband and his family sing as a big joke that turns into the song we sing non-stop because it just sort of sits there forever.  I'm humming it right now.  Anyway, I guess it reflects my state of mind lately.  There haven't been too many posts, as you may have noticed, or more likely did not (I think I believe I have more followers than I actually do - I mean my stats says I have "3", but I guess I'm hopeful that people like to read nonsensical ramblings from stay at home mothers).  So, ridiculous Christmas song = current thoughts.  There is a lot going on up there:  thinking about my old church days, about heaven (read Heaven is For Real), friends getting preggers, trying to overtake my condo board so we can rent this place out, evaluating if the pain in my lower back is just that or is actually appendicitis,  webmd searching, poopy diapers...the list goes on and on.  I've been trying to zero in on one thing that would inspire, or at least interest a reader, and I just keep coming back to that darn song.  I can tell you that right now I am definitely happy, and sad.  In this current moment I have great hope and disappointment.  Just call me Yin-Yang.  Here the thoughts go trailing on- hoorah, hoorah...all the way back to my private school days when we were not allowed to wear Yin-Yangs.  See what I mean?!  I just can't stay on one topic.  So I will go back to my disjointed thoughts and leave you all with yours.  Good-day. 

Comments

Popular Posts