Holy Boobs Batman!


Ok - so this may be "lady" rated.  In other words, if you're not a lady, you may not be prepared for what is to follow and you may want to stop reading.  I'm no shrinking violet, so if you decide to keep reading, it won't bother me, obviously, since I am posting publicly, but anywho, just thought it deserved a warning.   Hayes is now officially weaned.  Tomorrow will be one week.  However, my boobs have not yet received the memo.  No-one prepares you for this part.  I knew I would be off my feet after I had him, that there would be all kinds of "changes" but had no idea I would one day pray that my boobs would shrivel up and fall off.  Sorry.  So graphic sometimes.  Anyway, ladies, if you plan on breastfeeding (or not, because I hear this happens when you are trying to dry up if you are doing formula) there will come a day when your boobs turn to stone and ache with every movement.  It's almost like there are stones within stones within stones, all hanging out in your fun-bags (as many different names for boobs commences).  I came back from the wedding on Sunday and thought we were good to go for weaning, and then the night went on and my lady friends got more and more feisty, and uncomfortable.  So, my faithful readers, what does a hypochondriac do in this situation??  That's right, I checked the internet.  According to frustrated mommies all over cyberspace, apparently wrapping your tata's in ice-cold cabbage and drinking sage tea does the trick to relieve engorgement.  I went straight out and bought cabbage, waited until Aaron's parents left our house, and then wrapped my love cushions in cabbage.  Did you know that body heat cooks cabbage?  It does, and all of my sheets and clothes marinated as well.  I woke up to a house wreaking of day old cabbage rolls.  My advice to any weaning mothers: don't do the cabbage.  It may work, but is it worth waking up, wanting to vomit?  I seriously think my ladies still smell of sauerkraut.  I tried the sage tea too.  All in all, I am doing better.  They are still pretty sore, but whatever I did seemed to do the trick.  Although, the scientist in me thinks it probably has more to do with the cold compress (cold cabbage) and gradual weaning (pumping to relieve swelling) than the cabbage and tea.  It wasn't a flawless experiment is what I'm saying.  Ok, so I think that's it.   Also, try not to get too close next time you see me.  I may need a couple weeks to air out.

Comments

Popular Posts